Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Movin' on...over.

HELLO!


I've moved. Kind of.

I feel like this blog is my baby...I've been nurturing (and occasionally...okay, more often than not, neglecting) it for...what, four years? Five?? Either way, that's a long time. And I'm kind of emotional about leaving.

So I'm not. Not entirely.

Sorry, I'm not making any sense. I started a new blog. You can now find me at jessigenco.wordpress.com. But I'm going to keep this one up because I mostly used it to document my life so I still want access to that stuff, but also if I feel a rant coming on, I'll head back over here. So if anyone found my absurd outbursts amusing, they'll continue here as needed.

The reasoning behind this move is that this blog started to feel too disjointed. I started it as just kind of a silly comedic sort of thing (which I liked, but it was hard to maintain regularly), and then started ranting, and then changed it into a lifestyle blog. So when I started lifestyle blogging, I didn't feel authentic, even though those types of subjects were honestly what I was interested in writing about (even if I'm not as good at it as I am at humor writing). On top of that, I'd still rant occasionally, and the type of people who want to read lifestyle blog stuff don't want to read crazy rants (and vice-versa). It just felt like two totally separate blogs.

So I decided to separate it. Except I don't plan on using this one regularly at all anymore. I'll just use it if I need to scream about something. I've been considering moving to wordpress for a while now, because I like their clean design a lot better, and if I decide to start blogging more regularly, I can upgrade more easily that way. I've also been wanting to change the name of this blog, but that seemed like a weird thing to do. So I just started fresh instead.

I literally JUST put my new blog up, so please be patient while I work out the kinks/design elements. And full disclosure, I might change the name of THAT blog in the upcoming days. We'll see what happens. Thanks for sticking around, and I'll meet ya over there.

1 comment:

  1. In this article, the information about the popular hairstyles for straight hair guys. Moreover, the information about hair care for traight hairs guys.

    ReplyDelete