Monday, January 5, 2015

Back to Business



The holidays are officially over. Sniffle. I think the hardest day for me every year is the day that I finally take down my Christmas decorations. And I say "finally" because I leave them up...longer than is probably acceptable (or advisable, now that we have a real tree...that hasn't been watered in, ahem, a while). We've been pretty busy, so I'm using that as an excuse to leave my decorations up until this weekend.

Since the end of the holiday season is always a bummer and I have a record of getting hit pretty hard with seasonal affective disorder right around mid-January, I've decided that this year I'm going to try to head it off at the pass. I've scheduled several fun activities throughout the month of January to keep myself busy and in good spirits. That, combined with the fact that my schedule is pretty much ideal right now and I'm making progress in my career has put me in a pretty decent spot to have a less depressing winter than previous years. Fingers crossed!

I started my new position at work today, so I'm going to keep this post kinda short and sweet and take the rest of the evening to unwind and gather myself. I have some stuff planned for the old blogeroonie this year - I want to start posting more recipes and get into more of a regular routine, content-wise. And I'll finally get the chance to put up a house tour once I get the place back into normal order and freshen up a bit. Good things to come :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment