Thursday, June 28, 2012

Groove is in my heart.

I love music, don't you?



Of course you do. Everyone loves music. If you DON'T love SOME kind of music, you're clearly a droid of some sort, and I'm afraid of you. 



I don't really work normal hours, so today was like my Sunday, and it was the kind of day that I was just in the mood to drive around aimlessly listening to music for several hours. I have days like those a lot. I'll head out of the house early to do some kind of errand, and then if the music's making me feel right I'll find some excuse to continue driving, usually to somewhere that's entirely out of my way. Or I'll just purposely drive past my turn and take the long way home. This also satisfies the explorer in me...I just moved to the area a few years ago and I'm still constantly finding new ways to get from here to there, or places that I never knew existed. I love it.



And don't even get me started on music social networking. I could (and do) spend hours and hours and HOURS on end on Spotify and Last.fm. I'll go to look one thing up on Spotify, and next thing I know the entire day is gone to going through friends' playlists and recommended music.




Here are some songs I've been digging on lately (most of which aren't necessarily new)



Heartbeats (Live) - The Knife
Place to Belong - Little Dragon
You Are the Ocean - Phantogram
Don't Move - Phantogram
Coronado - Deerhunter
Fall and Flee - The Dear Hunter (see what I did there?)
Valerie - The Zutons
Bang Bang Bang - Mark Ronson & The Business Intl
You Will Leave a Mark - A Silent Film
She's a Rainbow - The Rolling Stones
I Don't Want Love - The Antlers
No Windows - The Antlers
Reunion - M83
Wildfire - SBTRKT feat. Little Dragon
Dawn of the Dead - Does It Offend You, Yeah?
Disparate Youth - Santigold

No comments:

Post a Comment