Thursday, February 7, 2013

Crazy Love

Even though I don't like Valentine's Day, if you know me, you know that I am a ridiculously festive person. So even though I think it's stupid, it's hard for me to go into stores and restaurants and pretty much anywhere and see all of the Valentine's themed stuff and not get in the spirit. So, I've decided to do a little post about a few of the biggest loves in my life. (I was going to do this as a series at first, but who am I joking? I'm a terrible blogger, that shit would never happen.) Okay, so here goes.




Macgruber Strongbad Raum


 My sweet pup. I highly recommend keeping dogs as pets; they're highly enjoyable. Seriously though, this little fella has brought so much joy into our life. He's obviously the most handsome dog on the planet, but he also has so much weird personality. He's super neurotic and tightly wound, which makes him pretty entertaining, but he's also one of the loviest dogs I've ever met. We'll try to take one of his toys or we'll do something else to get him super worked up and excited, and you just KNOW he wants to bite us so badly it's killing him, but he just licks us to death instead. And even though I'm home alone a lot since Jeff and I have pretty opposite work schedules, I'm never lonely because Grooby is such great company. I love my fluffy white guy.



My Boo


My Jeffrey. He's put up with me for 4 and a half years. And I know that people say "oh, my significant other puts up with me" all the time, but he really is a champ at dealing with  my moody tendencies and my stress induced freakouts. He supports everything I do, even if it means picking up my slack. He sings me a sweet little sleepy song every morning. He says cute things when he's drunk. He makes up songs about Grooby and sings to him every day, and I assume he'll someday do the same for our potential children. I'm lucky to have such a great guy.



My Mama



I already did a whole post last mother's day about how great my mom is, but I can't say enough how lucky I am to have such a loving mother. She would literally do anything for me. She loves more fiercely than anyone I have ever met, and would go to the end of the Earth to care for the people she loves. And even though she's so sweet, I somehow got my sick sense of humor from her. She's also one of the best pranksters I've ever met, and I can't even attempt to live up to her sick, bizarre prank legacy. I just know to avoid her come April 1st. 



My Blankie


I have absolutely no idea why I've become so attached to this blanket. I bought it on a whim at I believe TJ Maxx two Christmases ago. But after Christmas ended, I never put it away, and it's now a permanent fixture on our couch. It's SUPER soft and cozy, and it's the perfect size to snuggle up with on the couch or on a chair. Jeff tried to replace it this Christmas with a nicer blanket from Brookstone that magically keeps you both warm AND cool, depending on the side of the blanket that you use, but no dice. The new blanket IS really nice and cozy, and I've added it for extra warmth on our bed, but I still use my trusty blankie everywhere else. I just washed it for the first time ever yesterday (I know, that's really really gross), and I'm kinda bummed that instead of smelling faintly of Grooby, it just now smells like laundry detergent. But, by some miracle, it didn't pill up after I washed it, and it's as soft as ever. I'm snuggled up with it as I type this very post.

 

 

There you have it. That will be about the extent of my Valentine's Day celebration this year (probably). Although, there are these really cute dachshund mugs at Target that they have set out with the V-Day decorations that I have my eye on. They're already pretty cheap, but I'm waiting for them to go on clearance so I can snag a couple up. I'll report back on that later. Love is in the air, and such!

No comments:

Post a Comment