Monday, November 17, 2014

At Long Last...

I finally have an appointment tomorrow to get my hair cut. I always go way too long between haircuts, but this last time really takes the cake. I haven't done ANYTHING to my hair - no cut, no trim, no color - for over a year and a half. I honestly don't remember the last time I got a haircut. I think that it was March 2013, but I'm not really positive. I'm starting to feel like an old colonial woman who just lets my hair grow to my knees. I had, purposely, been growing my hair out for years; I haven't cut any significant length off for probably seven or eight years (yikes!), but this long stretch was unintentional. I usually at least get a trim a couple times a year, and color my hair at least once a year. Anyhoo, my hair looks so bad and damaged at this point, I'm not really even nervous. I usually get pretty anxious before getting my hair done, especially if I plan to cut length off, but I'm so due for something fresh that I'm just excited. I'm not going to do any color tomorrow; my hair is 100 percent its natural color at this point, so I'm not desperate, but I'll probably go back in for color next month or the month after.

I've been eyeing up the long bob for a while now. I think it'll go a long way towards making me look more put together and grown up (just in time to turn 30!), and I think it will feel very fresh (and so clean clean). Hopefully I'll be able to manage to pull off some beachy waves or the "perfectly messy" style I so long for, but we'll see. I am EXTREMELY hair-impaired. My hair is very fine and baby-soft, so it's difficult for any style to stay put, and my hair tends to just end up ACTUALLY messy. Not a good look. Still, I'm really excited to see how it turns out. Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment