Thursday, November 20, 2014

November Playlist


I don't know if it's a symptom of growing older and less cool, or if it's just a passing phase, but I've been a lot less into hunting for new music these days. My playlist for November has been mostly about tried and true tunes I've been listening to for ages, with a mellow/relaxing vibe. In fact, most of the music I listen to on a daily basis tends to stay on the chill side, perfect to lounge and read articles online, or as background music while I cook. I've been very much into Paul Simon recently (well, always, but particularly recently), possibly influenced by watching Jenny Slate's fantastic "Obvious Child", which bears the name of a Paul Simon song which was also featured in the movie. I've also been listening to the actual radio in the mornings, which was a VERY rare occurrence for me previously, but my iPhone cable for my car broke and I decided not to invest in a new one as I'll be buying a new car within the next year (yup, my good old deathtrap is still kickin'). Anyway, the radio station I listen to does a feature called "Under the Covers" every morning at 7:40, which is just about what it sounds like - a band covering another artist's well-known song. It's on right around the time I arrive at work each morning, so I've been increasingly into covers, which is pretty evident in this list.

  1. Landslide - Covered by The Smashing Pumpkins
  2. Higher Love - Covered by James Vincent McMorrow
  3. Terrible Love - Covered by Birdy
  4. The Obvious Child - Paul Simon
  5. America - Simon & Garfunkel
  6. Creature Fear - Bon Iver
  7. From Eden - Hozier
  8. Drive Out With the Lights Out - Carter Hulsey
  9. Holiday In Spain - Counting Crows
  10. Go Your Own Way - Fleetwood Mac
  11. 6th Avenue Heartache - The Wallflowers
  12. Something in the Air - Thunderclap Newman
  13. It Ain't Me, Babe - Johnny Cash with June Carter Cash
  14. No Concern of Yours - Punch Brothers

1 comment: