Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!



Every year on Thanksgiving I get a tiny bit bummed that I can't be with my family for most holidays, but I'm immediately reminded of how lucky I am to have been welcomed into such a warm and accepting (and hilarious!) family right here. Jeff's family has treated me as one of their own since the first time I walked into his mom's house and she greeted me by saying she wasn't going to bother to learn my name. But I stuck around, and even though she told me repeatedly to get out while I could, six Thanksgivings have passed and now it seems as though I'm stuck with these lunatics. And I couldn't be happier.

I really am so incredibly lucky to be where I'm at in life right now, and even though I don't tend to yap all over social media about what I'm thankful for every day of November, I'm constantly asking myself how I ended up so fortunate. I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoys and appreciates the time with their loved ones. I'm pumped for a nice loud day filled with laughs and tons (seriously, A LOT) of mashed potatoes.

Thanks to you, too, for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment