Happy long weekend, y'all! I actually didn't realize Monday was a holiday until yesterday, so that was a nice little surprise. With my old schedule I was never able to take advantage of Monday holidays because I already had Mondays off, so I'm pretty jazzed.
My weekend plans include going to a winter wine festival with fire pits and mulled wine and food trucks (yes, I'll take all of that) tomorrow during the day, and then tomorrow evening one of Jeff's old friends is coming up from DC to have dinner with us. My plans for the weekend also probably include...buying a new car. Yep, I jinxed myself by mentioning my old car was still truckin'. Monday morning my old Accord just wouldn't start, and stayed that way for three days. He eventually managed to start on his own on Thursday and has been fine ever since, but I'm just too nervous for comfort driving the old guy these days. Sometimes he'll start, sometimes he won't, and almost all of his tires need replaced. I've told myself that I'm not going to put any more money into him, so I think it's time to retire the old fella and finally buy a new car. I found one that I really like, so I'm probably going to go look at it tomorrow or Monday.
I didn't get a whole lot of random article reading done this week because I spent pretty much all my spare time obsessively researching cars and auto loan/insurance rates, but here's a few gems (some "borrowed" from others) if you feel so compelled:
- This article (stolen from Hither & Thither) was fascinating to me.
- I think I might need this.
- Anthropologie is giving an extra 40% off sale items right now - time to whip out that Christmas gift card. Thanks to Jeff's mom! (I currently have this and these in my cart.)
- This comprehensive list of what to buy during the year and when to buy it is the bomb (I stole this one from my bud Laurie at the delightful Good Morning Beautiful)
- This article sums me up flawlessly.
Have a terrific long weekend, and I'll be back to report on my vehicle purchase (or lack thereof) next week.