Thursday, January 15, 2015

A Secret


I have a confession. Do you remember that episode of Saved by the Bell where the gang goes into business selling (I think it was) Screech's great grandmother or whatever's famous spaghetti sauce? They make tons and tons of it and shoot a commercial and these kids are in high school, what on Earth? Anyway, it turns out that Screech's whatever relative it was actually stole the recipe from some big spaghetti sauce corporation, and they swoop in and hilarity ensues. 

Well, ever since I saw that episode of Saved by the Bell when I was probably 8 years old, I've lived in absolute terror of inadvertently stealing some big company's recipe for something and attempting to sell it, and then getting sued - or worse! - thrown in jail. I don't know where on Earth this fear came from, seeing as I had zero plans to sell any edible product until at least early high school, and I have absolutely no clue why is persists as I'm a (relatively) logical adult, but to this very day, I'm petrified of accidentally stealing "secret recipes".  It's more of a subconscious thing now, but it's still there. I was a batshit paranoid neurotic law abiding child, and now I'm a batshit paranoid neurotic (imaginary) law abiding adult. 

Cool, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment