Monday, March 2, 2015

Pictures from the weekend

Well, I'm back from a little blogging break. No worries, nothing was/is wrong...it was just a combination of feeling kind of uninspired, writing-wise and being busy and not feeling like coming home after a long day (of writing) and writing more. I decided I'd rather hold off on blogging a bit instead of forcing myself to pound out a bunch of crappy posts. I missed writing though, and honestly I like having a place to document my day to day life to look back on...so I might not post quite as much as I had been, but hopefully my posts will be better quality since I'm not going to pressure myself to write on a schedule.

Anyway, I thought I'd ease myself back in with some pictures from this weekend.


Some fresh flowers to get me into a springy state of mind (even if it's still freezing and wintry outside)


My dinner Friday night was a strawberry tartine with marcarpone and honey, inspired by Joy's post on  Cup of Jo (really pushing that spring thing).


This would be...MY ENGAGEMENT RING!! Yep, Jeff proposed to me on Saturday evening. It was such a fun evening, leading to a funny, imperfect, sweet proposal. It was 100% us and couldn't have been more perfect. It hasn't really hit me yet I don't think, but every once in a while I'll get a rush of excitement...we've been together forever, but now I OFFICIALLY get to spend the rest of my life with my very best friend. I'm over the moon. 


A little celebration brunch Sunday morning


Our dining room on a snowy afternoon.


Lazy Sunday latte.

Thanks for hanging out while I went MIA. I promise not to yap about wedding planning 24/7 (I don't even know where to start), and hopefully I'll be more inspired once it starts warming up and I thaw out a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment